In 2018, we are trialling running the @MinoritySTEM account as a rocur account with a different person curating the account each week. See @iamscicomm or @realscientists for examples of established rocur accounts.
Interested in taking the reigns of the account? Keep reading!
Who are we looking for?
BAME individuals working or studying in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) related fields in the UK.
If you don’t currently have your own Twitter account, we’d suggest setting one up and getting to know Twitter before you take over another account.
What do we want you to tweet about?
Your work and life! You could discuss any or all of the following:
- Your life as an individual involved in STEM
- How these experiences have been shaped by being BAME
- Your thoughts about diversity, representation, intersectionality etc.
- Your life beyond STEM. What else makes you who you are?
Is there anything else I need to know?
- We’d like you to tweet regularly during your week. We understand life can get in the way but please aim for at least 5 original tweets per day Monday to Saturday.
- Get discussions going! Invite opinions, ask questions, respond to comments and retweet other people’s tweets.
- It may help you to have a plan of what you’d like to discuss each day of the week but this isn’t essential.
- Be respectful of the people you interact with during the week. Feel free to disagree and debate but keep it civil.
That’s all! You can sign up for a slot here.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
If you’re interested in running the account but have worries, concerns or crippling imposter syndrome, please do get in touch. We completely get it and we give the best pep talks (quite often to each other).